Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Eve

At Granny's as usual. We had dinner there and then stayed on til Midnight. I brought my difficult IQ set there to play while waiting for midnight. Fisrt we did the Extremely Diificult Puzzle.
This stupid puzzle took us a few hours to complete. There's no guide picture, it's double sided, both sides are the same picture, and the entire picture is just an assortment of nuts.














The outline of the puzzle was quite oklar.. but omg the rest of it was so difficult. We had to try to fit the pieces one by one into place.. over and over again..

Well it was good larh, it was the highlight of the night.:) After that we played a sort of difficult snakes and ladders like. We had to answer very difficult questions to climb up the ropes(ladders) or to prevent from sliding down the crevase(snake). And then we there were avalanches as well. If you couldn't answer questions on those, you just start all over at square one. Sad, isn't it..

So after cracking our heads the whole night, we finally took a break to countdown to the New Year! I took a sip of wine after clinking glasses with everyone, and then passed the whole glass to my dad.:) I don't like wine. I only drink alot at dinners to annoy my mum.:D


My family with my grandma.


And now it's a New Year and i hope my resolutions will work out again! Last year i only made one, that was to work harder in school (after my terrible PMR results) and i did manage to do it.. not as well as i hoped, but still quite good.. i'm still waiting to confirm my biggest reward.:) It might not seem like much, but doing reasonably ok in school has always been a problem for me, and i am quite proud of waht i did this year, despite it not being that great lah. Hehe. Hope this year i can do better.:)

No comments: