Friday, January 30, 2009

Chinese New Year 2009

Happy Chinese New Year!

Now in response to all those many people who are confused about what race i am and what festival do i celebrate, yes i am part Chinese (hence my Chinesey look) and yes i do celebrate.. but not by open housing.:) We have the usual CNY eve dinner with my Chinese side of the family. No pictures tho, sorry.
As usual, i attempted to take photos of the fireworks, but they are damn hard to photograph!! Unless maybe if you have a super good camera and super good photography skillz.:) But these are some of my favourites that i managed to capture:
































This year i didn't go visiting to as many houses as i normally do because my grandmum was hospitalized and my parents were't so in the mood. My grandma's ok now lah. And i did manage to visit a few of my friends so not so bad lah. Also, we all met up at my cousin's place on the first night. "We all" meaning the not Chinese side. Confusing? One day i'll draw out my family tree so you can see.
Coincidentally, my cousin and i wore the same colour.


















"Look! They come in a set!" Deborah said.




















We attacked each other...




















My sis, who didn't bother to dress up this year cos she spent the day looking after my grandma in hospital. I'm not sayin she doesn't look good lah.















Deborah my wacko cousin!























































I had alot of fun lah despite my grandma being in hospital and all.. Next week school reopening and there'll be plenty of work. :(
Have a happy Chinese New Year 2009!

No comments: